Monday, September 12, 2011

Desperately Seeking Jesus: He is willing

Surprisingly, many of us are too afraid to go to Jesus.  We may feel that we’re not good enough or we may be ashamed of the sins we’ve committed.  No matter how real those feelings may be, Jesus has proven time and time again that He is willing to forgive us and accept us, no matter who we are and no matter what we’ve done.  There are many scriptures in the bible that reflects His love for us, Luke 5:12-13 is one of many.  It reads “While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy.  When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”  Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man.  “I am willing,” he said.  “Be clean!” And immediately the leprosy left him.  Let us review this scripture.  The man was covered with leprosy.  We are covered in sins.  Out of his shame, brokenness and hopelessness he fell with his face to the ground.  We too must humble ourselves before Him and go to Him with our face to the ground.  He begged him. He pleaded his case even out of his shameful and hopeless state.  We too must plead must plead our case to Him with a true and repentant heart.  He said, ‘Lord if you are willing, you can make me clean.’  In other words, Lord, won’t you please have mercy on me.  Cleanse me.  Take away everything that is keeping me from you.  In the same way, we must say “Lord if you are willing, please forgive me of all my sins, cleanse me and make me a new creation in Christ.” Out of compassion for this poor man’s heartfelt plea, Jesus reached out, touched the man and cleaned him.  As we cry out to Him with a repentant heart we can be confident that He will have compassion on us.  Then Jesus said, ‘I am willing.’  Jesus is willing to save you from your sins.  He is willing to die for you so that whoever believes in Him may be saved,   (John 3:16) 'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.' He is willing to love you just as you are, (John 15:13) Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.'  He is willing to forgive you, (Matt. 26:28) 'This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.' He is willing to guide you in the right path, (John 14:6) 'I am the way and the truth and the life.'  He is willing to be your friend, (John 15:15) 'I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.  Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.'  Jesus is willing!  How about you?  Are you willing to meet Him halfway with your face to the ground, pleading for your case?  Are you covered with sins that have not been brought out to Him yet?  Are you ashamed of something you’ve done?  Do you feel broken and hopeless?  Be willing!  Go to Him and make your plea.  Say, “Lord, if you are willing you can make me clean.  Forgive me for I have sinned.”  Jesus will reach out, touch you and say "Child, I am willing.  Be clean!  You are forgiven.”  Remember the story about the lost (prodigal) son, Luke 15:11-32.  In the same way the father received the son he thought he had lost, He will receive you.  He will welcome you with open arms. He will say 'My beloved child, I have been waiting for you.'   On that day you will surely be like the psalmist who had said, "Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord'--and you forgave my sin." (psalm 32:5).  Hallelujah, for we have a patient and merciful God.  He is willing.  How about you?  God bless you all.

http://lightofscriptures.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment